Classes and Education
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR)
Chronic stress and pain have a negative impact on our bodies, our personalities, and the quality of our lives. They often lead to debilitating physical, psychological, and emotional consequences. The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR) is an experiential and intensive training program in the use of meditative awareness for entering into a new relationship with these troubling realities facing so many of us.
The MBSR offers a powerful, integrated approach to tapping into and mobilizing our inner resources for developing a life-affirming approach to living with chronic stress, pain, and related conditions, such as anxiety, anger, depression, headaches, high blood pressure, sleep disturbances, and gastrointestinal problems. The program is based on the pioneering work of Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center and featured in Bill Moyers' television special, "Healing and the Mind."
Two decades of published research indicate that the majority of people who complete the MBSR course report:
- an increased ability to relax
- greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- an ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
- major improvement in pain-related anxiety, depression, hostility, and the tendency to become preoccupied with painful sensations in both body and mind
- lasting decreases in difficult physical and psychological symptoms
- reductions in pain levels with an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go way
There is a course fee of $375.00 which includes course materials as well as guided meditation and movement instruction on audio tape or CD.
For more information, call (530) 304-4341, or contact one of the instructors directly.
Dates available for this class:Click a date to view more information
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM | Davis
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM | Roseville
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM | Sacramento