How to Make a Mammography Appointment
Please obtain a mammography referral from your doctor before making an appointment.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Your mammogram should be scheduled after your period if you are still menstruating.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the appointment and remember to bring your health care insurance card and doctor’s orders or referral sheet.
- After bathing on the day of your exam, please do not use powder, cream, antiperspirant or deodorant under your arms or around the breast area.
- Dress in a two-piece outfit. You will be asked to remove only the top piece.
- Bring your prior mammography films and reports if you are new to our center.
- During the mammogram, your breast is compressed between two pieces of plastic while a low-dose x-ray is taken. It is a simple procedure that takes just 10 minutes. Results are mailed to you and to your referring physician within 5-7 business days.
- As a safety precaution, please do not bring children with you for an appointment unless you have another adult to take care of them.
We look forward to giving you very good care and being a champion for your health.
Eden Medical Center
20103 Lake Chabot Road
Castro Valley, CA 94546
Eden Medical Center Map
Phone: (510) 889-5020
Make sure you have your doctor’s referral sheet when calling to schedule an appointment.
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Imaging Center is on the ground floor, at the West Entrance. Convenient parking is located just yards from the West Entrance at the rear of the hospital.