The Legacy Society
You don't have to be rich to be a philanthropist. You just have to think about giving after you are gone. With foresight, dedication and a little planning, you can make a lasting difference in the lives of others.
In February 2007, Eden Medical Center lost a great philanthropist and physician when Dr. Mary Jane Stamm passed away at age 91. Dr. Stamm graduated medical school in 1942 and established a private practice on Seven Hills Road, during her lifetime Dr. Stamm delivered thousands of children at Eden.
Upon her death, Dr. Stamm bequeathed more than $1,000,000 to the Eden Medical Center Foundation, to be allocated to the areas with the greatest need. Private and modest, Dr. Stamm never wanted accolades, as she believed compassion and service were simply a philosophy and part of her life’s mission. However, the Foundation honors her amazing accomplishments, commitment to medicine and passion for service.
The Sutter Legacy Circle recognizes individuals who have shown extraordinary generosity and interest in Eden Medical Center and have included Eden in their estate plans. There are many ways to include Eden Medical Center in your estate plans including: wills, bequests, charitable remainder trusts and gifts of real property.
Membership in the Sutter Legacy Circle is granted upon notification of the existence of a bequest, life insurance policy, life estate contract or life income agreement in the amount of $5,000 or more.
- Annually, special events will be held for all members of the Sutter Legacy Circle, to thank you and honor you for your commitment.
- Members of the Sutter Legacy Circle will be invited to occasional meetings and special events at the Medical Center. You will also receive selected publications informing you of the latest developments at Eden.
- Sutter Legacy Circle members are listed in a special section of the donor wall, which is located in the hospital's lobby.
We Can Help You Build Your Own Legacy
- We may be able to help you plan a suitable future memorial to a loved one.
- We can give you options to reduce your taxes and benefit Eden Medical Center.
- We can help you make arrangements for gifts of real property and help solve the problem of capital gains taxes on highly appreciated assets.
- We can help you make the fullest possible use of your retirement funds.
- We may be able to parallel your particular gift giving ideas with the needs of the Medical Center.
At what level to participate is a very personal decision, requiring thoughtful discussion among you, your family and your personal advisors.
For more information about how you can leave a legacy to Eden, please contact us:
Eden Medical Center Foundation
20103 Lake Chabot Road
Castro Valley, CA 94546