Spiritual Care Services provides spiritual care for patients, families, loved ones and staff at Eden Medical Center. Spiritual care is provided by the medical center chaplain in combination with a team of lay and associate volunteer chaplains. Each chaplain provides spiritual care to his or her assigned unit. The meditation room, located on the first floor next to ICU, is open for meditation, silence or prayer.
Spiritual Care Services:
- Provides spiritual guidance and support to patients, families and loved ones.
- Leads religous rituals including baptism, communion, anointing and memorial services.
- Clarifies religous and/or ethical issues involved with medical treatment.
- Provides bereavement support and assistance to families and friends.
- Serves as liasons with local community religous leaders.
- Provides spiritual support and encouragement for employees and physicians.
- Offers a broad range of vision for spiritual care which recognizes that healing involves all dimensions including the body, mind and soul.
For more information, call (510) 889-5043.